Volunteer at the Asian Physics Olympiad 2019
If you’re looking for the experience of a lifetime and want to be an integral part of Asia’s toughest physics competition then read on.
General requirements of all volunteers
As a volunteer you are 18 years of age by the time of APhO 2019 (born before 12 May 2001), fluent in English, have good knowledge of Australia, are open-minded, dedicated, responsible and ready to commit yourself for the duration of the event.
We still have these following places available on the APhO 2019 Volunteer Team:
Tuesday 7, Wednesday 8 and Saturday 11 May 2019
Thursday 9, Friday 10 and Saturday 11 May 2019
Monday 6 May, 4pm – 10pm
Tuesday 7 May, 1pm – 9pm
Wednesday 8 May, 9am – 5pm
Thursday 8 May, 1pm – 9pm
Or, experience the entire event with a live-in role from Saturday 4 May to Monday 13 May.
To join the team, please contact Vanessa Kates now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer role descriptions
- Your chance to build an international, scientific network and socialise with other volunteers.
- Gain new skills in the organisation of major international events.
- You will get cool shirts and other merchandise items.
- We will cover your local accommodation, transportation and meals expenses.
- As a Team Guide you will accompany your team to all events and excursions. You will get to observe the night sky at Stockport Observatory, cuddle a koala at Cleland Conservation Park, kick a footy with the Adelaide Crows, enjoy a snag on the barbie at Glenelg beach and much more.
- You will attend special events such as opening and closing ceremonies, the APhO Address by Professor Michelle Simmons and the volunteer after-party.
- The friendships, camaraderie, and good times with participants and volunteers will make this a rewarding, unforgettable and worthwhile experience.
- Minimum age requirement to volunteer at APhO 2019 is 18 years of age. All volunteers must be willing to undergo a Working with Children Check.
- Cost of travel to/from Adelaide is at volunteer’s own expense.